Sunday 13 April 2014

A Gift in a Jar

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday; the sun is shining and it was such a lovely day. Today I made plans to see one of my best friends that I have known since high school. I met up with her at Covent Garden as that’s one of our favourite places to be. I wanted to take her to Maison Laduree for lunch as a birthday treat as she’s never been there before and I knew she would love it as much as I do.  After lunch we wondered around Covent Garden going into our favourite shops such as Chanel, Dior, Ted Baker, Michael Kors, The Sunglasses Hut and Urban Outfitters.  I went into The Sunglasses Hut because I am thinking of spoiling myself and getting a new pair of sunnies. I have found a pair I like but I am still thinking about them. If you have any suggestions on a great pair of sunnies I should get let me know! I just wanted to share my day with you but onto today’s post which is about a gift in a jar. I went out yesterday to get all the items you will need to do this; I actually gave this to my best friend as a gift for her birthday this year as I was feeling creative. I got this idea off Pinterest I am absolutely obsessed with the app but I have added my own twist. I love this idea because it's so simple yet thoughtful. A lot of thought goes into the filling of the jar because you're filling it with little cute things you know your friend or whoever you're going to give it to will love. If you're looking for a thoughtful gift that doesn't cost too much this is a great idea! 
What I have: A Jar, Millions, Ferrero Rocher, Mini Makeup Brushes+Case, Rimmel London nail polishes in the colour yellow and torquoise. Ice Cream lipglosses. All of this I got for a £1 at the PoundStore which is a bargain. The face masks I got a Superdrug they were on a 3 for 2 deal (I think they were £0.99 but I'm not sure) and the Sour Starburts were £0.70 at Tesco which is really good considering they're like £2 something. 


What I did was I put the face masks in first then I put some Starburts in so they were at the bottom. Then I put the bigger items in like the Millions and the Mini makeup brushes+case. I added the nail polishes so they sat on either side of the jar, I opened the packet of Ferrero Rocher and put them in the jar. At this point there is a little space left, I put the lip glosses in too. The remaining space I had, I filled with more Starburts. I didn't have time to make a tag but if I did I would have written 'Treat Yourself' which pretty much sums up the content in this jar. I found some pretty ribbon around the house and added that as my finishing touch to the gift. 


This is the final result. The pretty card is from the PoundStore too. It comes blank so you can write your long special message or you can keep it sweet and short. 

What you need: 

1. A jar or a cute mug of your choice, you need something to put all the items in. 

2. You're filling -anything that you know the person will like. 

3. A cute ribbon or you can get even more creative and decorate your jar with stickers, washi tape, glitter, paint etc I just went simple with a ribbon. 

And your gift is ready!!!! Have fun with this  and be creative. 

I hope you like today's post. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think I would love to know! 

Follow me on twitter @PunjabiBarbie 

Follow me on Instagram innocence_is_bliss

Follow me on Pinterest on simrankaur92 and follow me on Tumblr narmisimran 

Thank you, until next time... 

Lots of love, 

Simran xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment