Friday 25 April 2014

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous" Coco Chanel

Hi all, sorry that this post is late. I have been working so much overtime at work I don’t get the chance to write because I am just so tired. I have finally had a chance to sit down and write to my heart’s content. To be honest I have had many ideas of what this post could be about but I have decided to write about my search for the perfect shoes for work. Since I have started my not so new job (I have been there for 4 months) which is not long but it feels like forever. The shoes I currently have were from Aldo and I love these shoes but they’re not designed for comfort. My job requires me to be on my feet all day. So, I decided to go out and have a look for comfortable shoes that my feet will thank me for. I went into Clarks and the shoes are comfortable but I’m really fussy because I like to have it all ... I want comfortable shoes, suitable for the rain and looks fashionable. But I wasn’t going to get fashionable looking shoes at Clarks... just comfort. I went into Aldo but that wasn’t any success because the insoles were not cushioned. The shoes were definitely fashionable, just not comfortable. I went to BHS, NEXT, DEBENHAMS, NEW LOOK, and DOROTHY PERKINS I still walked away with nothing. At this point I was getting frustrated because I didn’t understand why shoes are made without having the comfort factor. Anyway, I thought I had to settle for comfortable shoes that looked okay instead of Fabulous. My other option was to get shoes and buy insoles for extra comfort but I thought why settle when I won’t be happy.  The next day before work I had time so, I popped into Kurt Geiger and had a look around. I found a pair that I really like but usually Brogues (mousey shoes is what I call them) don’t suit me. I tried them on anyway, to my surprise they were everything I was looking for, they are comfortable, they protect me from the rain and they look FAB! I love them! Being on my feet all day they still hurt but to make the shoes extra comfy I am going to get insoles but they are still comfy in comparison to other shoes I tried on. These shoes are expensive but I think they were worth it! This is just my opinion but if you have found shoes that are comfortable for work let me know!  Here’s a little tip when looking for shoes for work make sure they have a small heel then your feet isn’t too flat on the floor. Look for a cushioning insole most shoes have them and that’s it.  
Shoes:  Kurt Geiger Luxe (£65.00)
I hope you like this post! Leave a comment below :) 
Thanks, until next time... 
Simran xxx
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment