Sunday 23 November 2014

Christmas Nails: Rudolph the Reindeer




Hello Dolls, 

I have been so ill and to top it all off I have lost my voice. It's never happened to me before, It's so hard not talking. It's that time of year of being ill. But I'm not letting that ruin the Christmas Spirit. Today's post is a quick tuitorial on how to get a subtle Christmas nails. It's easy you don't need to be an expert to create this design. This is the first time i've actually tempted to try it and I am happy with the end results. 

So let's begin.... 

1. First things first decide what finger you want your Rudolph to be on. I chose to do it on my ring finger. 

2. You want to paint your nail white. You will need two coats of polish. 

3. After it is dry I used Essie 'fierce, no fear' for Rudolph's face. Get the nail polish and paint a half moon shape just 3/4 of the nail.

4. Then using OPI 'brake for manicures' using the nail polish brush create two lines creating antlers. Then create small lines from the line you just painted. 

5. Then using a dotting tool, use the larger point and dip that into the white nail polish to create two eyes. 

6. Once that is dry use the dotting tool again but the smaller point. Dip that into black nail polish to create the pupils of the eyes. 

7. Nearly there, use the larger point of the dotting tool to create Rudolph's red shiny nose. I used Essie's 'bhamma mamma'. 

8. Once your design is dry, add clear polish ontop. If you like you can put glitter polish ontop to give it more of a christmassy feel. 

9. For the rest of your nails it is totally up to you what you want to do. I painted the rest of my nails in OPI 'brake for manicures' because I wanted a subtle christmas manicure but feel free and get creative. 

I hop you like this post, please comment and let me know what you think. If you would like me to do more posts like this let me know :) 


Lots of love, 

Simran xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment