Thursday 19 June 2014

Serenity




Good Afternoon my lovelies, I hope you are having a wonderful day. Sometimes we live our lives doing the same routine day and day out we forget to truly live our lives to the fullest. I am one of those people. I get so caught up with the daily routine, work and home and work again. I forgot that I'm supposed to be living my life to ultimately be happy not miserable. I realised I am the one making myself unhappy by not doing what I love. Last night after work I watched Oprah PrimeTime on Lifetime TV an interview with Rob Lowe. He's an amazing actor and writer. I'm intrigued by his life, he inspired me to continue with my dream. He said 'We are the architect of our own lives' (not sure if it's word for word but something along those lines). This struck a cord with me, it reminded me that I am living my life for me. Why am I wasting time? It's true what Rob Lowe said 'We only have one life' which is obvious but we tend to forget this. Well I did anyway but watching this interview I was encouraged to not give up, I have faced trials, I have failed but I am not a failure because I chose not to give up. Today's post is about create the life you want, if you're in a job that no longer fulfills you or makes you happy find a job that does. Find what makes you happy and strive to make it a reality. I have always wanted to do yoga and live a healthy life but life gets in the way. Ages ago I bought a yoga DVD and it's been sitting with all my other DVD collection and gathering dust. After watching the interview I made a conscious decision to do something everyday that I want to do. I made it a morning routine to put my yoga DVD on and have 30 minutes of serenity, to find inner peace, inner happiness and doing what I love. I also have loads of books sitting on my bed side table that I want to read but I don't get time now I am making time to read them because ultimately that will make me happy. I hope this post inspired your day to do something you love and will make you happy. If you're already doing what you love then big congrats to you! I admire you for that, I lost my way but I'm back, I was reminded of what I had forgotten. I'm a big believer of everything happens for a reason but sometimes you need to be the reason things happen. Happy Thursday!!! Blog post on Sunday so don't miss it! 


Thank you, until next time...

Simran xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment