Sunday 10 August 2014

Hillary Duff: Makeup Look










Hey dolls, I hope you're having a good Monday. I am sorry there was no post yesterday, I was celebrating Rakhi with my family. For those of you who don't know Rakhi is an embellished thread that symbolises a sister's love for her brother/ cousin brother. In return the brother gives a gift and a lifetime of protection. Rakhi is a time to celebrate in a traditional way to express the bond and love between a brother and a sister. It was a lovely spending time with the family, eating Indian food, Indian Sweets and drinking Indian Tea.  

On with today's post... I have grown up watching Hillary Duff in Lizzie McGuire and listening to her music. She's one of my favourite celebs. I was watching her music video for her song 'Stranger' I love the makeup and costume for the belly dancing scene she was in. I thought why not try and recreate this look but for a night out with the girlfriends or on a date. I love the look I came up with, it's not as dramatic as Hillary's look in her music video because I wanted it to be a wearable look.



Makeup details: 

The face- look at my previous post Makeup Heaven: For Dry Skin for all the details I haven't changed any face products. 

The Eyes- for the base I used a light mustard colour shadow from my H&M Palette. Then I used a sandy brown ontop of the other shadow. For the crease I used a golden orange. From my MUA Palette I used a glittery golden shadow and I placed that ontop of my eyelids. For the outer v I used a light brown and mixed it with a caramel shadow. On top of that I used a dark brown and dragged that colour up to my crease. For the inner corner highlight I used a shimmery white from my MUA Palette. Then with The Body Shop Carbon Black Eye Definer I did my eyeliner then with the other side of the pencil there is a sponge and I used that to smudge the liner to create a smoky look. Then I used the same liner and used that in my water line. After that I grabbed a golden glitter liner called 2true eyeliner dazzlers. I put that near my lash line. To finish of the look I used Benefit's They're Real Mascara and ontop of that I used Barry M Lash Vegas to really enhance my lashes. 

For the lips: I used Little Mix 'Leigh-Anne's Liquid Gloss'. I also used MAC's PlushGlass in 'Big Kiss'. 

For the hair- I just back combed the front section and pinned it back with two bobby pins. 

I used a bindi which you can find these at a Topshop I know I have seen them in there or Southall. 

Outfit details: Earrings from Primark (old), Black Lace 'Chelsea Girl' from River Island (old). 

And there you have it all glammed up like Hillary Duff! 

I hope you like this post and if you do please leave a comment below! Don't forget to follow my blog :)

Where else to find me: 
Instagram - Innocence_Is_Bliss 
Twitter- @PunjabiBarbie




Thank you, until Wednesday. 

Lots of love, 

Simran xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment