Thursday 27 March 2014

A day to remember: The Brow Arch March

On Sunday 9th March of this year my sister and two of my friends took part in Benefit’s Brow Arch March for a charity called ‘Look Good Feel Better’ that helps women to raise their self confidence whilst going through their treatments for Cancer. I am so happy that I got to support such a wonderful cause with my family and friends by my side. My sister and I had an early start that day we woke up at 6:00am and did our regular morning routine. I decided to wear jogger bottoms with a comfy t-shirt whilst my sister opted for leggings, a t-shirt and we both wore a hoodie. Even though it was a hot day, in the morning it was cold and we wore our trainers as our sensible footwear for the day. We had a healthy breakfast, I made sandwiches for us to eat later on in the day and we took bottles of water with us so, that we stay hydrated whilst our 5k walk. We left the house at 7:30am and made our way to meet my friends at the station so, we could all walk together to the event that was being held at Berkeley Square, Mayfair for 10am. It was a long journey by train from where we live, on the train my sister was being productive and was making notes on everything she revised (for her upcoming test at the time). I was just sitting there on the train wishing I had brought my headphones to listen to music but the time passed and we finally were at the station. We both greeted my friends and we made our way. As we were walking we saw Vera Wang’s store and the dress that was in the film ‘Bride Wars’ worn by Kate Hudson was in the shop window. Even though we all live and was brought up in London there is always something that we never have seen before. This makes us feel like tourist which is what I love about London. Once we arrived, we registered and gave our donation of £10 each. We received a pink, glamorous, glittery t-shirt to wear whilst our walk with the Brow Arch March logo. We also got a number, a map of the route of our journey, a bottle of water, badges and a Benefit make-up bag to put our goodies in, once we stop off at the check points. We were in the group with actress Kara Tointon, she is so lovely and I even got a selfie with her! The day was just beautiful, the sun was shining, and the view as we walked through London was amazing! And being with beautiful people makeup-less was beyond amazing the idea behind this was as we stop off at each checkpoint you’re given a sample product of Benefit’s ‘They’re Real’ mascara, Benefit’s ‘Loli-tint’, a choice of their lip glosses and you do your make-up as you go along if you wish. We chose not to, we kept it in our make-up bag. This was an experience that I will never forget; it was great to be a part of a great cause, supporting and celebrating women. Just doing a little goes a long way and the feeling you get when you know you were a part of something that can help others is the best feeling. If you missed out on this year... make sure you don’t MISS OUT next year!!!! And if you did go this year comment below and let me know how your experience was I would love to know!

Thank you, until next time...
Simran xxx



Berkeley Square, Mayfair. 

With my lovelies. 


Buckingham Palace. 

Selfie with the lovely Kara Tointon 

2 comments:

  1. lovely post and pics!!! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much!!! I am so glad you enjoyed my post :)

    ReplyDelete